Brand Ambassador Anil Kumble and Brig. (Retd.) Dr. S.S. Pabla, Former VC, Sikkim Manipal University, launch ‘Vidyadeep’
Vidyadeep is a nationwide scholarship Scheme, under which scholarships will be offered to 1500 meritorious and deserving students of Sikkim Manipal University - Distance Education (SMU-DE) programmes. This scholarship is a first of its kind pioneering initiative in the field of distance education in the country!
Scholarships will be offered to new students registering in any of the courses offered under the following streams - IT, Management, Arts & Commerce, Journalism & Mass Communication, Apparel and Fashion Design, Hospitality & Tourism and Allied Health Sciences.
1. Up to 100% Scholarship of semester tuition fee waiver for the first semester only (excluding exam, Alumni, lateral entry, direct entry or any other fee)
2. 1500 scholarships across India (including 500 scholarships exclusively for North East region)
1. The Scholarship will be based on the Academic performance in the qualifying examination of the applicant
- The student should have scored a minimum percentage as indicated below in their qualifying examination
50% for Male Candidates
45% for Female Candidates
40% for Physically Challenged candidates
- For students applying for SMU-DE UG Programs, Class XIIth percentage will be considered as the qualifying examination score
- For students applying for SMU-DE PG Programs, Graduation percentage will be considered as the qualifying examination score
2. A student desirous of applying for a scholarship should state, in 250 words, in writing, in English/Hindi, why he/she deserves the scholarship
The amount of scholarship to the applicant will be decided on the combination of the above two criteria.
1. Download and print the ‘Vidyadeep Scholarship Application Form’ from the website or the students can collect the same from the Authorised Centre.
2. Submit the filled in ‘Vidyadeep Scholarship Form’ along with the ‘New Application Form’
3. The Authorised Centre will verify the documents against the criteria and if found eligible will send the same to University.
4. A committee headed by the SMUDDE Director will announce the list of students who have been granted the scholarship. The same will be communicated to the Students by the Authorised Centres.
1. The University reserves the right to change/modify/withdraw the Scholarship scheme at any time.
2. Students should note that they need to complete the new admission process by paying the requisite fee. Scholarship will be given to the students in the form of reimbursements only.
3. Documents to be submitted include Mark sheet for the Qualifying Examination, and Disability Certificate (As per Govt. of India Regulations)
4. The final decision on the Grant of scholarship and the scholarship amount will remain at the discretion of SMU-DDE
5. The above mentioned scholarship criteria is for the 1st semester tuition fee only.
Click Here to download the Application Form