Name: Professor C. Shanath Kumar
Designation: Professor and HOD, E-Learning
Qualification: M.Sc, (Dairy Technology), PGDRM (IRMA-Marketing & Systems), PhD.
- 19 Years - 11 years in Production, Quality, Marketing and Sales with AP DAIRY FEDERATION, 4 years as Operations and Business Head at First Computers, a Training company, Two years as COO, Sonsie Technologies, Channel Partner for Computer Associates.
- Assistant Professor with TA PAI Management Institute, Manipal, Dean, Management Studies with Presidency College and TASMAC, Head-Management Studies at Nitte Institute of Technology, Head-Management & Commerce at Sikkim Manipal University.
- Corporate trainer on Business Skills with Project Genesis, Infosys, L&T, Siemens, Sutherland Associates
- Designed Competency Mapping and Competency Dictionary for e4e
- Current Responsibilities: Professor and Head, Sikkim Manipal University
- Pioneered Instructional Design of SLMs at Sikkim Manipal University
- Key Team Member behind design and development of EduNxt, Responsible for starting Mobile Learning, Technology integrated Academic Process Delivery and Learning Processes
- Trained more than 2000 faculty members on EduNxt in the Learning Centers and pioneered implementation of e-learning and mobile learning at Sikkim Manipal University.
- Designed and developed several MBA specializations for Sikkim Manipal University, DDE including Project Management, Operations management, Digital and Social Marketing, Environmental Management, Event management, Family Business and Entrepreneurship.
- “Strategic Role of Learning Resource Center in developing Academia- Industry Learning Initiatives- A Conceptual paper”- Presented at the National Seminar held on 23,24th March, 2007 at PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore.
- “Innovative and Creative Models in Higher Education”- Presentation made at ASSOCHAM,New Delhi, 8th December, 2011.
- “E-teaching and e-learning- Trends for Specially abled persons”- Presentation made at All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Manasa Gangotri, Mysore on 21st February,2013.
- “Content Curation as Learning Design in Distance Education”-Presentation made at Collaborating Online-CO12-Fourth Annual Conference- 04.03.2012.
- “The Role of Faculty as Facilitators and Content Curators in Distance Education”- Presentation made at EDGEX-2012 in New Delhi on 12, March,2012.
- “Role of Technology in changing Teaching and learning in Higher Education”- Presentation made for TECHGIG on 21st December, 2011.