SMU-DE uses EduNxt a unique online learning portal to convert each program’s printed self-learning material into a thrilling dynamic world of concept maps, videos, crosswords and quizzes.”
Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies
The duration of the MBA program is minimum 2 years (4 semesters) and maximum 4 years.
- To provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of management.
- To enhance the student's analytical abilities.
- To provide access to a broad base of knowledge in core managerial skills.
- To develop the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly international business environment.
- To build upon the essential core management modules allowing greater emphasis on elective modules of management.
In keeping with the spirit of AICTE directives on admission to the MBA Program and as per the decision of the Academic Senate, the University will conduct, from the current Spring drive, an Admission test called the SMUDE Management Aptitude Test (SMAT). This test will be a proctored one. The result sheet of the test duly signed by the proctor should be attached along with the other documents when they are sent to the University for admission. However, students who meet any one of the following criteria would be exempted from taking the SMAT
- 3 Year Graduation from a recognised university and student must qualify in the #entrance test conducted by University
#Exemption for entrance test conducted by the University to MBA program:
- A candidate has a score card of National / International MBA Entrance Test* and his/her score is 45 percentile or above. However, the score card should not be more than one year old at the time of admission at SMU-DE
All are advised to comply with the above mentioned requirement.
* Complete list of National/ International MBA Entrance Tests:
ATMA – AIMS Test for Management Admissions ATMA Entrance Exam.
CAT – Common Admission Test CAT Entrance.
IIFT–Indian Institute of Foreign Trade IIFT Exam.
MAT – AIMA Management Aptitude Test.
XAT – XLRI Aptitude Test.
IRMA – Institute of Rural Management Anand.
IGNOU OPENMAT – Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test.
NMAT – Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
CMAT – Common Management Admission Test.
SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test.
TISSNET – TISS National Entrance Test.
IBSAT – ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test.
GMAT – Graduate Management Admission Test.
Semester Fee : Rs. 15,000/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,100/- & Alumni Fee Rs. 200/-) or as revised from time to time. Fees may also be paid one-time. Contact University for details.
An MBA student can undertake multiple roles in management after completion of the Degree. A few unique job possibilities are highlighted below.
- Human Resource Manager
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Project Supervisor
- Project Manager
- Supply Chain Head
- Marketing Executive
- Planning & Organising Expert
- Accounting and Resource Management