/ Educational background
- Shri Shriniwas Patil has completed his BA (Honours) from Sir Parshurambhau College, Pune, in the year- 1961.
- He is also a graduate in MA (Economics) from University of Pune, in the year- 1963 and has a LLB Degree to his name from the Government Law College, Bombay, 1965.
/ Career In Civil Services
Shri Shriniwas has had an illustrious career in the Civil Services. He started out in 1957- 1964 as an active member of the Indian National Youth Congress.
In 1987, he was appointed as the Deputy CEO for Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation and was then promoted to the Indian Administrative Services (IAS).
To name a few positions held by him with full responsibility and dynamism, he was also the Additional Commissioner, Tribal Development, Nashik (1995-1996) and Chairman, Nagpur Improvement Trust (1996-1999).
/ Social And Political Career
As an enthusiast in politics and social affairs, Shri Shriniwas Patil, has effectively worked towards the betterment of society. A glimpse into his career path in politics and social affairs has been stated below:
- July 1999 - Joined the Nationalist Congress Party
- October 1999 - Shri Shriniwas Patil contested and won Lok Sabha elections from Karad
- 1999-2004 - Served first term as Member of Parliament – Lok Sabha
- May 2004 - Contested and won Lok Sabha elections from Karad for the second successive term with 2nd highest margin from the State of Maharashtra.
- 2004-2009 - Served second term as Member of Parliament – Lok Sabha
- June 2011-2013 - Served as the Vice-President (Planning & Development), Nationalist Congress Party, Maharashtra.
/ Posts & Memberships
Shri Shriniwas Patil has been a member of various committees and has represented India on several fronts. Right from being a part of committee’s such as Home Affairs to Science & Technology Environment & Forests to Women & Child Development, Shri Shriniwas has set an exemplary record as an influential leader.
- Member, Indian Delegation to United Nations, New York, Oct, 2004
- Represented India at Conference of World Parliamentarians, Chile, 2003
- Member, Panel of Speakers, Lok Sabha 1999-2004
- Member, Committee on Home Affairs
- Member, Committee on Human Resource Development
- Member, Joint Committee on Patents
- Member, consultative Committee, Ministry of Information Technology
- Member, Committee on Science & Technology Environment & Forests.
- Member, Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law & Justice
- Member, Standing Committee on Defence
- Member, Parliamentary Committee on Public Undertaking
- Member, Consultative Committee on Women & Child Development
- Member, Committee on Finance
- Member, General Purpose Committee
- Committee to Inquire into Misconduct of Members of Lok Sabha
/ Social & Cultural Activities
With a keen interest in social and cultural activities, Shri Shriniwas Patil has been the Working President for the Organising Committee, at the 74th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, Karad, January 2003 and a Member for the Organising Committee at the 84th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Natya Sammelan, Karad, January 2004.
He was also elected as the Gymkhana Secretary at S. P. College Pune, 1959. A gold medallist at the Inter University Youth Festival, Mysore- 1959. Shri Shriniwas Patil is truly a multi-faceted leader with a diverse yet keen interest in a variety of matters.
Present Address :
Raj Bhavan Gangtok,